Tuesday 23 February 2010

And so it begins.....


I started Radiotherapy today, I felt pretty odd all day, so I went to bed at 4pm and got up at 8pm when my meds alarm went off.

I't's wonderful to be getting treatment at last!

This is a picture of my Radiotherapy Machine. Boring , but I love big science

The Radiotherapists were very attentive, they kept asking if I had any questions to ask.

I did ask to look at my file to see the planning scan done last week and another copy of it with the X-Ray beam paths marked on it.

It was uplifting to hear that they are willing to spend as much time as I need talking about my treatment and how I feel emotionally.

1 comment:

  1. That's good news that the treatment has started. Sorry that you feel odd though - I guess that's to be expected. But fabulous, really fabulous that you have radiotherapists that are really looking after you. Take them up on it and talk with them as much as you need to. You are in my thoughts x

    ReplyDelete